Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Sunday! Fun Day!

Many things going on!

We had a long weekend rehearsal last Sunday. It's almost a full day experience and spending time together, singing and getting better with very breath is a wonderful feeling.
When I come home after those rehearsals, I feel very tired yet very satisfied. All I want is to stay silent and tuck myself in my comfy couch, put on my red blanket and watch some movie. With a hearty soup of course!
This is exactly what I did this Sunday too.

We are working on a piece of Italian composer and conductor Lorenzo Donati. It's written on a poem of Spanish poet, Nobelist, Juan Ramon Jimenez: NOCHE which means, NIGHT. It's composed a cappella for 16 voices and it's the hardest piece we had to learn so far.  Or at least this is what our maestro keeps saying all the time! While singing it, many questions pop up in my head, such as what was the motivation behind composing this poem and how on earth did Donati come up with the idea of 16 voices!!! And what was he drinking while composing it! It may not be THAT difficult when you learn your own part but the difficulty lies in getting those 16 voices together. And that's the maestro's job! I convey my deepest sympathies to Burak!

We have now singing lessons in the next few weeks. I will not be available for them unfortunately because I'll travel to Salzburg, as tour leader, for the Mozart Week Concerts.

I look forward to our next long weekend rehearsal:))


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday! Fun Day!

Many things going on! We had a long weekend rehearsal last Sunday. It's almost a full day experience and spending time together, sing...