Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Happy 2019!





Hi Everyone,

I don't know what to say!
I am sorry that I haven't been here for a very long time!
But I have a good excuse: I am BACK to School!
YES!!!
After a break of 30 years, now I am back to college, or Istanbul University, Faculty of Letters and I am studying American Culture and Literature! It's such a joy to be back to school!
So the autumn was quite busy not only for this school adventure but for my choral activities as well.
I attend courses at the university, three days a week, weekends are busy with my choir and I am also having my daily routines such as shopping, cooking and visiting friends, reading, producing my radio programme... The thing is that I am loving this! This energy, this whole motion in every second of my life, is rejuvenating! And I feel blessed for all, especially now that I am a woman of full 50!!!
I can't make promises, but I will try to write more often here, on my blog!

What do we have this year?

Well, this years repertoir is full of new musical adventures. We have pieces from Renaissance as well as contemporary, almost shocking pieces to perform. It all seems impossible to learn at the beginning but once we practice together during our rehearsals, everything comes together. This is of course thanks to the abilities of our dear maestro, Burak.

My favourite song this season is a Renaissance piece from Johann Herman Schein: Die mit traenen saen. Being a lover of the ancient music, I find this song spectacular and feel a great sense of joy while singing. Honestly I wish we had more songs of this era to sing. We also have some Romantic pieces, which are beautiful but don't move my heart as the Renaissance ones do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday! Fun Day!

Many things going on! We had a long weekend rehearsal last Sunday. It's almost a full day experience and spending time together, sing...