Friday, May 4, 2018

Next Two Days





Today I have been thinking a lot:
What a wonderful winter and spring was this year!
Winter was a ''full time preparation'' period whereas spring has been and still is a time for sharing what we've prepared. What a joy! And an even better summer is just around the corner... With EUROPA CANTAT, the biggest choral event of Europe.

And this weekend:
Tomorrow: SANSEV International Choirs Festival. We're on stage!

After tomorrow (Sunday): Open Rehearsal... We'll host our audience in the very place where we regularly perform our rehearsals. In Istanbul Technical University's Maçka building is the center for advanced studies in music. On top floor there is Usmanbaş Hall which takes its name from İlhan Usmanbaş, one of the leading composers of our music history. And there, in that hall, we are going to perform our rehearsal, in front of an audience, interested in attending this interesting experience. I love attending rehearsals of especially orchestras.  I did it many times! It's very interesting... When I was in high school, I used to skip school and go to the rehearsal of Istanbul State Orchestra. Since then, I did this in different orchestras as well... Such as New York Philharmonic Orchestra, Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, Vienna Symphonic Orchestra... It's such a wonderful experience... Of course I have NEVER attended ANY choir rehearsal as a listener... I think there are many affinities between the two...Choirs and orchestras...

News from my progress:
I think I memorized Zvedvi of Emil Tabakov. I think! Not sure yet... I keep forgetting some syllables in the middle part of the song. It's like a tongue twister, I swear!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday! Fun Day!

Many things going on! We had a long weekend rehearsal last Sunday. It's almost a full day experience and spending time together, sing...