Sunday, May 27, 2018

End of Season... Is it?

Rezonans in Varna



I know that it has been a very long break!
But after all that ı've been through, I needed this pause. I needed to stop, to think and digest all that I have seen, lived and felt.
This season, this winter, spring and summer has been a fantastic time in my life. I've learned so much, grown even stronger and learned to deal with my shorthcomings as a new chorist. But the path is a long one if I am determined to stay on this course. Time will tell!

Varna Competition!
Such a great experience! A good way to test yourself on international arena. To get to know yourself better under the spotlights. And better than anything else, getting in touch with other choirs, with other traditions, with other systems.
What I've learned from this competition is hard work always pays off and amateur doesn't mean un-professional!

My friends Eren and Arda are on stage waving our flag

Rezonans Mixed Choir is on stage


I watched with great admiration two choirs from Philippines, Imusicapella Chamber Choir and The Philippines Meistersingers!

They were absolutely great, they won great prizes and I thought they absolutely deserved all prizes.


Later on, I started to read about them and found out that they sing all over Europe, in festivals, in cultural weeks etc. And not only Europe! USA, Washington DC, Kennedy Center! I wouldn't call them amatuers at all! And hey! What's the definition of amateur anyway? But still, I am happy that they were there so I, once again, realized that performing music is an amazing adventure and it can take you anywhere!

Our young and very talented maestro, Burak Onur Erdem, received a special prize. It has a long name so I'll do copy/paste:

Special prize awarded by the Bulgarian choral union for choir with brightest creative achievement of the Competition

We had our won bus thanks to our sponsor, FEST TRAVEL




After Varna, we came back to out own territory and the next weekend we sang in İzmir, at the Mozart Academy Choirs Festival to close our season. It was another delightful experience.
On our way to İzmir

At the back of our bus in İzmir, thanking our sponsor Fest Travel

And as the title for this post I wrote ''End of Season'' but I don't think that it will be a long break because fist of all, next weekend we have our general assembly to discuss about this year and about the future plans...

At the end of July, we'll go to Talinn for Europa Cantat Festival.

And our maestro said that the rehearsals are going to start at the second half of September... So surely it's not the end of anything, it's just a little break! For which I am very happy anyway!

See you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday! Fun Day!

Many things going on! We had a long weekend rehearsal last Sunday. It's almost a full day experience and spending time together, sing...